Home » Is Essure Right For Me?
Is Essure Right For Me?
Choosing permanent contraception can be the beginning of a whole new chapter in your life.
Knowing that you are protected from the worry and uncertainty of an unplanned pregnancy.
Taking this step is a significant decision and you should be certain your family is complete.
Once you have explored your options and discussed the procedure in detail with your doctor, you can move forward with the Essure procedure with certainty and confidence.
Essure may be right for you if you:
- Are certain you do not want any more children
- Want to stop worrying about unplanned pregnancy
- Want to stop managing your temporary contraception method
- Would like to stop taking hormone-based contraceptives
- Want to avoid the incision, scarring or risks of other contraceptive procedures
- Are concerned about general anaesthesia
- Want to avoid the pain and recovery time of a tubal ligation
- Want more spontaneity in your sexual relationship
You should delay your decision if you:
- May want to have children in the future
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
- Have been pregnant during the past six weeks
- Have an active or recent pelvic infection